Introduction to our Practice
Masefields have been providing legal services to the community since around 1836 when George Masefield took over the Holbrook law firm which had carried on its practice on the present site from some time in the C18th. The middle part of the building is believed to have been used as court offices in the past. On a recent clearout, court documents dating back to 1703 were discovered (not to mention a newspaper report of the battle of Waterloo). The building itself is much older and may have been constructed as early as the C14th.
Considerable efforts have been made in recent years to modernise the practice and update its systems and today we aim to stay true to our traditions of professionalism and service while embracing modern technology and methods.
Our clients have been entrusting their affairs to us for generations. We are proud to carry on our family tradition of giving sound and practical advice. Acting in our clients’ best interests always informs our approach and is at the heart of what we do.